Tue, Oct 11|
Mechanicsburg Office & via Zoom
Career Exploration for High School Students- October 11th
Do you have a teen in your life that is overwhelmed by choosing a career? Has no idea what they are interested in doing after high school? Are you not sure where or how to guide them? College applications are just around the corner!
Time & Location
Oct 11, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
Mechanicsburg Office & via Zoom, Mechanicsburg, PA, USA
About the event
Could your son/daughter use help:
- Figuring out what future careers might be a fit for them?
- Learning about their skills and interests along with different career clusters and which ones to target for further research and exploration?
- Writing a first resume for college applications, scholarships and future job or internship searches?
There is no one right path. And, it is never too early to begin to think about career options.
Tradition has led many students to choose a career that their mother or father has, or to apply and attend a 4 - year college program just because- that’s what everyone does, right?
Consider these statistics for 2020:
- 35% of jobs DO NOT require schooling beyond high school
- 65% require some college, a Bachelor’s or beyond
- 80% of students change majors at least one time
Higher Education is a HUGE investment of time, money and personal energy, among many other resources.
So, now, more than ever- it’s important to help our kids discern possible career paths based upon their likes, skills and strengths. This is certainly hard to do when they have typically only been in a prescribed, traditional classroom environment since they were in 1st grade. While there is no crystal ball, there are ways to help your son/daughter begin to discern choices that are right for them.
We are offering a workshop to help your kids learn about their natural talents and potential career options.
- Initial 90 minute class- in person or via Zoom
- One - 30 minute follow-up private coaching session to further discuss your student's results and recommend specific next steps to explore for your student
Here are the results your student will walk away with:
- Discover their current values, interests and strengths as we utilize core assessments, and help your student begin to identify possible career paths associated with their results
- Student Aptitude Quiz and Parent’s Guide along with student study tips
- Op-Gig Career Assessment
- Career Clusters Interest Survey Results
Who should attend:
- Rising 9th - 12 graders in High School
Your Investment: $197- including initial class, assessments, Parent Guide and private coaching session.
About Julie Shore:
Julie has more than 25 years’ experience in Human Resources, Recruiting and Career Coaching and brings a unique perspective to high school students- one that is based upon what a future employer wants and looks for in the hiring process. She has worked with multiple industries, leaders and professionals over the past 25 years and helped individuals develop, plan and implement a path forward that is based upon innate strengths, interests and core values.
About Matt Shore:
Matt is the Director of Educational Programs with Career Development Advisors and holds his Masters in Educational Leadership. He also brings more than 20+ years of experience in the field of education including as a classroom teacher as well as a school principal. Matt is also a Certified Kolbe Youth Advocate.